Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When I Was Your Age, Television Was Called Books

Sometimes I have profound thoughts.

Today I was outside in the frigid air pulling in carts at work. There are these little tiny birds that just chill in the parking lot of Maceys. They're there all the time, like I've mentioned, it was freezing they're still just there. Here were my thoughts about them though. These birds seem to always be on the ground and when they do fly they only go about 3 feet at a time and never more than a foot off the ground. I'm sure there's something scientific about this, but I don't know it, this is just the world according to Pebbles. But I kept thinking about it and even when I would come really close to them with carts or cars would pass them, this held true. They never just flew away even though they obviously have the ability.

So as I did my meaningless cart pushing I kept thinking how much like those birds I am. Maybe you are too, I don't know. I feel like people have so much potential. Obviously we're all here for a reason and have extraordinary talents, so why do we not use them?? Do we get comfortable in our ways around the ground? It's the only thing we know? Maybe we're just plain scared of falling. How many of us go out of our comfort zone to do things that will only help us in the end? I know I don't very often. How often do we get a few feet off the ground, realize where we are, get scared and quickly go right back down. We can fly, people! All it takes is some practice and we can stay up there all day! The ground, by no means is a bad place to be, but the sky offers so much more opportunity. No more being comfortable with the ground and our own scaredy cat ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment