Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lots to say today! First things first, the day that has been so highly anticipated for 19 years and insanely so, the past 11 weeks, finally came! We kicked Golden to the curb, almost literally, at precisely 12:15 PM and as Shadow pointed out, the date matched. It was bittersweet, there were tears and smiles and hugs and I think a little denial... It still hasn't hit me, I'm sure it will as soon as I need to vent about some jerk guy and Golden's not there to listen. He tends to be the only one who can put up with my ceaseless rants. He's going to be an amazing missionary though! He's one of the most friendly people I've ever met and he has the best personality. Now the bad news of the day is I couldn't find my blasted camera! Never fear though, the dad's was in working order so we used his. Only downside is, the memory card is a really random one and we can't find the cord so I'll post pictures as soon as I figure a way to magically get them on my computer.

I was also a tiny bit mopey just for the fact that I'm sooooo jealous! I want to be in his shoes! Almost literally since sister missionary shoes are about the same as elder's but worn with skirts. I still have precisely 77 days to wait. Yes, we counted on the way home so my mom knew how long she had to prepare for sending another.

I'd also like all you readers to watch this and then come on back and we'll discuss. I came across this little gem a few weeks ago while stalking the beautiful Jammie's blog. I had quite the giggle while sitting alone in my room one night, until I realized.... My mom totally used to do that! Sadly as a child, I was deprived of ever seeing the video since Rocky and I shamelessly mocked her so she'd lock us out of her room. Then it into turned into a full-fledged laughing fit... Now, every time my mom and I go to the temple at least 6 people comment on how we look more like sisters than mother and daughter. She, of course, reminded me of this fact as I made fun of her for "The Lion" and pointed out that there might be a little something to it... Interesting, but I shall still mock and show it to Rocky and Golden so they can join.

The temple workers and their complimentary ways brings me to my next point. After leaving the temple my mother is somewhat pleased with herself and her young ways. It gets old real quick. Then I realized today.... I'm an extremely cocky person... But only in my head... And to certain privileged, or not so much, people. It's only a matter of time until it starts coming out of my mouth to everyone. Yikes! For the most part though, I am still too insecure to actually be that way. Let's hope the mish humbles me up and I don't ever get obnoxious.

Last, but certainly not least, there must be a tribute. To my papa! Oh how I adore that man! I woke up this morning to snow in all it's white, frigid, beautiful glory. Just as I was beginning to dread scraping the windows of the truck to run my errands before the drop off I remembered! My lovely father cleaned out the garage so the little black truck, lovingly dubbed, Rita, could fit in there. Yay! No scraping! Now, this seems like such a small thing, but my dad seriously does awesome stuff like this all the time! He's always thinking of things he can do to make people's lives easier. I've never met anyone so giving and serving as my dad. Stressed about work and money and other things and he will drop everything at the drop of a hat to help with anything.

Also, the stinking fonts keep being stupid so it looks the way it does because of my computer, not for lack of trying on my part. Dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment