Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time

Being the nerd that I am I turned to Google to start this post, I wanted a really good quote about not using time, but as goes the way of the internet I got too many to choose from! Here's a sampling:

-Harvey MacKay

-Stacey Charter

-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

-Alice Bloch

They all hit me pretty hard, I've felt like I've been wasting all my time lately, I haven't. I've been wasting myself, I don't get anything done anymore. I'd never presume to say it was because I didn't have enough time, I know that's not true. I have plenty of time, I just don't use it wisely. I work 3 or 4 days a week and the rest of the days I do what?

Hmm clean my room? Nope, it's a disaster...
How about my bathroom? Nope, also messy...
We all know the answer to whether I blog...

So what do I do with all my wasted self? I sleep... Or I hate to admit this, but I play Bejeweled on facebook way more often than any normal person should.. And you know the worst part? I don't get any better!!! I just get the same scores over and over. What the devil is the point??

As I think about time and what I do with mine I'm reminded of the ever imminent approach of my departure... I received my mission call as most of you probably know. I will fly out exactly 4 months from yesterday. So using my time for facebook or sleeping is probably not the best plan. I should be studying Preach My Gospel or learning Spanish haha

I also have to give myself a little credit, for instance I have written in my journal every single day for almost a month. That is a rare thing for me and it's exciting. I also went to the temple, for the first time, a couple weeks ago and although it hasn't been very long, I went twice last week and have set in stone plans to go twice this week. Doesn't seem all that impressive right? but hey, you gotta start good habits somewhere, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment