Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Twenty-11

It's a new year! Yes, it's five days in, but hey that's better than five months in.

Things I loved about 2010:
  • I decided to go on a mission.
  • I got cold feet and freaked out about going on a mission for about 4 months.
  • I sucked it up and started working on papers.
  • Golden turned in his papers and made me so jealous about going. He is my inspiration for going.
  • I received my endowments. I love love love going to the temple and it was awesome going through on the same day as Golden.
  • Got my call to Uruguay, Montevideo!
  • Dropped Golden off at the MTC and realized I still had two and a half MONTHS to wait!
  • I wrote in my journal every single day from October to December! This is a huge accomplishment for me, I rarely keep a journal more than a couple days consecutively.
  • Made awesome birthday gifts for my mom and Golden an awesome Christmas present.

I'm so excited for 2011!! It's going to be such an awesome year! I'm sure I'll have my ups and downs, but I have so many things to look forward to! Namely:
  • Teaching Gospel Doctrine, that's right, this girl got called to teach once a month. Yikes! I'm really nervous about it. I have to teach a week from Sunday, hopefully all goes well..
  • Spending tons of time with my family before I leave.
  • Finishing the Book of Mormon twice before March. I'm working hard for this one, but the Lord is definitely helping me by giving me times when I have nothing else I can do besides read so it's good.
  • Attending the temple as much as possible and learning from the amazing Spirit there.
  • Oh and of course leaving for Uruguay! I've heard it's about a 20 hour flight which I'm actually really excited about. I love airports and flying.. Weird, I know.
  • Going to the MTC in Argentina!
  • Learning Spanish.
  • Learning how to teach effectively so when I meet amazing people in Uruguay I can tell them the amazing message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • I'm soooo so so excited to serve my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ! I'm excited to tell people about the Book of Mormon and hopefully convert more than just myself, with the Spirit of course... Ok so I'll just be the instrument so the Spirit can do all the converting, but hey, I get to be the tool! Exciting!
So with all my long-winded ways, here's to hoping 2011 is an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment