Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes, I have Thoughts


First off, Happy Birthday to my Deacon, he turned 8 today, I'm excited to see him be baptized and receive the amazing gift of the Holy Ghost.
I was going to find a picture with him and me, but this one was too good to pass up. Love him.

Now, in my family upon the day of our birth get to choose who says the family bedtime prayer. Deacon chose me and as I knelt with my family I thought of something shared with me. I don't remember if it was in a class or what, but they said something to the effect of, when we are asked to pray we need to remember and cherish how amazing it is that we get the privilege of being the mouthpiece for our family to our Father in Heaven. Pretty awesome to think about it that way, I'd say, but since I heard that I've been doing my best to remember these great opportunities. It's really a cool experience to pray with that in mind.

Another thought I've been mulling for awhile. "Not my will, but Thine, be done." Luke 22:42 As He prayed to the Father in the garden of Gethsemane, my Savior spoke these words when He knew He was about to take upon Himself all the sins of the world. He knew how much pain and sorrow He was about to endure. He bled from every pore for every single sin, every stupid thing ever done by man, every guilty feeling, every time someone cursed HIS name! He felt all of those ALONG WITH the pain, the sadness, the heartache, the sting of a loved one gone too early. ALL OF IT!!!! Now, like I said, He knew what was coming, He asked His Father, "If thou be willing, remove this cup from me" but ended it in that powerful phrase, not my will, but thine, be done. My thoughts are this, why is it we have something we think we can't bear and it is soooo hard for us to say Thy will be done, Father. Thou knows best and will only give me what I can handle. Such a hard concept for us! Turn it over to the Father! He will help you get through anything and will not give you more than you are able to bear.
Also, quick disclaimer, I did say my Savior. I know He is the Savior of the world without a shadow of a doubt and am excited to preach His restored Gospel for the next 18 months. I just also know the Atonement is very personal and He is also MY Savior.

One last thing, I leave precisely six weeks from today. SIX short weeks! I'm geekin' out! Soooo excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment